The only social activities that may be eligible for a grant are those that directly benefit disadvantaged groups or are considered by NZCT's Net Proceeds Committee to be for the benefit of the wider community, e.g. public concerts and seasonal community parades or festivals.
The following items will not be funded:
- Events that are principally social in nature (e.g. after-match functions, parties and balls)
- Provision and maintenance of facilities set up to provide social activities
- The purchase of alcohol, food and refreshments, paying staff for bar work, and maintenance or provision of bar facilities
- Family reunions
- Entertainment in pubs or clubs
- Sporting trips for supporters or spectators